Predrag Trpkov

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Sidhu wrote:
I need to put together a drum mic set ASAP. And i am foxed by lack of
availability. Most (of the very few) distributers here do not stock.
And order on prepayment only. Which usually takes a lot longer than
promised etc etc..

For the kik the only thing readily available is the Sennheiser e602. I
read up and i think it's ok.

Yes, but do you like the way it sounds? I would be very surprised if the
RE-20 wasn't available from a broadcast supply house in Delhi. And there
is always the Sennheiser 421, which is a great mike for other things.

The MD421 would cost at least double and the RE-20 at least four times what
he'd have to pay for the e602. I've been in a situation like his and know
that it's a major concern. And he hasn't sorted the overhead mics problem
yet. He'll have to like the e602.

However, if push were to come to shove and i need to buy, which is the
better of the bad ???

No Crown CM-700? You can't get a Josephson Fed-Exed to you? I would

think
with the dollar falling so low that the Josephson mikes would be very
cost-effective there right now.

The AKG C451 is already out of his budget. The dollar should keep falling if
the Josephsons are to become affordable. It stopped falling too soon, if you
ask me.

Sound room saz they ship worldwide. So this could be a viable option.

They are good people, and their mikes are consistent, and they stand

behind
what they sell. But you should still listen to anything before you buy

it.

But if you have no way of listening before you buy and the budget is tight
and the job needs to be done (and again, I know very well what it's like),
go with the Oktavas, especially the Sound Room ones. If you can get them on
time, that is.

Predrag