Posted to rec.audio.pro
timewarp2008 timewarp2008 is offline

Default Sue you, sue me blues

On May 28, 9:46*pm, "Little Willie" crapped:
Scott Dorsey wrote:
Bill Graham wrote:

How the hell do you know who I have talked to? I talk to these
people all the time.

And what was the name of the rep they talked to? *And what precisely
did the rep say? *Hint: what the rep said was not what they think.

Also, I have read the copyright laws. Its you who are wrong. You
can't perform any songs written after 1923, in any place that takes
in any money, and the burden of proof is on you to prove that
anything you perform was written before then. That is a fact.

Sure you can, you just need permission from the rights holder, which
is cheap and easy to get. *The purpose of BMI is to make it easier to
get.
If you'd rather contact them directly, that's fine too.

The rule is: you need permission to use copyrighted material. *This is
not some huge barrier like you seem to think.

They could legally bust us for
playing dances at the local senior center because they have a little
store there that sells coffee and cookies. *Its you that are turning
your back on an injustice. Wake up and read the facts.

They can bust you if you don't get permission. *So get it. *You do a
web search, you write a letter, you get a letter back. *Or you pay a
performance fee to BMI or Ascap which will amount to a couple bucks;
usually when it's that little money they'll just hand you a contract
for free. --scott

It's the general principal that I am objecting to. It inhibits my sense of
freedom to sing/play the songs of my youth. I bought the records and saw the
shows on Broadway (I was born and raised in NYC) many years ago. The
writers/composers and their producers have already gotten their fee from me.
Now, I expect to be left alone to play what I please. I buy sheet music. It
is frequently in the wrong key for our band. (we play in concert Eb, Bb, F,
G, & C. If I input it into my computer after I buy it, so I can change the
key, I am breaking the copyright laws! This is another stupidity in the law.
(Which I am sure you will jump to defend)

It's hard to believe so much ****e could come out of one dog!

When you bought the sheet music, you didn't pay the perfomance
fee. You can pretend you did. You can make up any fantasy world
you like. Nobody else, especially songwriters, has to live in your
fantasy world. Nobody has to abide by the rules that come out
of your asshole.

You whine a lot, but so much of what you're whining about is
simply bull**** that you made up. If you could just get yourself
off Wille Bizarro World, you might be happier. Most of what you're
whining and crying about would go away if you'd come back to
the real world. But then, whining and throwing temper tantrums
is all you're good for. Lazy worthless leech, wanting other people's
work to be handed to you for free, just because you're much of
a moronic asshole. Curl up and die, Little Willie.