Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

Default Sue you, sue me blues

On May 26, 9:33*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:

I do perform it for free. And, I don't mind paying for the sheet music, or
for CD's of the music. but when the BMI police tell the Pizza store owner
(or whoever) that they have to pay $1000 dollars a year because he is using
their music to draw customers into his establishment and we are playing
there for free, so he has little choice but to stop us, then I object to
that. Especially when the music was written in the years between 1927 and
1957, and the only people who appreciate it are in their seventies. (usually
from the local retirement centers) 1957 was over 50 years ago, and BMI is
not giving any of that money to anyone who composed any music between 1927
and 1957

Where are you getting this figure from? Because I spoke with an
establishment owner who claimed he was being held up for an $800 fee
but it turned out that in truth it was for $500, and he probably ended
up paying half of that. I wouldn't believe anyone, including the
voices in your head, regarding why they're too broke to pay you.