Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MD

Default Behringer Parametric DSPs vs the big boys - Tact T and Rives

I own a Behringer Unit that allows me make parametric DSP changes to
each of my room modes (all were measured by plotting individual tones -
in 1hz increments - not warble tones etc)

I love what the unit does and it's negatives are very small (a small
amount of noise added and the input has a hard time with high line level
inputs. I fixed this by changing the final gain stage of my DAC)

I have heard the Rives in a demo and liked it. Was never able to compare
it to the Behringer

I have never heard the Tact T or any other digital correction system

Here's my question - Why would I spend more than the $150 I spent on the
Behringer? I can digitally set freq (within 1hz) set bandwidth (within
a few hz) and set gain - all with a DSP that runs at 24 bit - 46khz
64/128 oversampling.

If the answer is that the other units do this at a higher frequency -
would i be able to hear the difference (red book CDs) and I I could
would I pay thousands more? Now that Behringer has a new unit out that
has 96khz sampling and is only $400 - wouldn't I buy that?

And please - save me the answers where you assume that cheaper -
pro-audio gear is crap - unless you have heard it.