The Lizard

Default dual coil vs single coil

Paul Vina wrote:

The issue of wiring is not really a fair one, since personally it is easier
to wire two 4 ohm DVC's for a 4 ohm load than to run 2 2 ohm svc's in
parallel for a 4 ohm load since with the dvc's there is no need to run any
wiring between the two chambers.

Yeah, especially since 2 2 ohm SVC's in parallel would result in a 1 ohm
load. Maybe you should run them in series?

So basically, I have no problem with a 2 ohm sub. It can make wiring easier,
but not always. If there was such a big difference in the power handling
then everyone would be using 2 ohm subs. Just my 2 cents

Give the corporate marketing hype machine time and leeway, and everyone
will be using 2 ohm subs.

--
Lizard

teamROCS #007 / Technical Director / Founding Member *res derelicta*
http://www.teamrocs.com/
Save Farscape http://www.watchfarscape.com