Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes

Default CBS Labs RIAA Test Record on eBay

"Paul Stamler" wrote in message
"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I neglected to mention (that it should not have been necessary) that I
measured the full response of the pickup, not at just one or two
frequencies. I don't remember the exact curve, but it showed a gradual,
then rather steep, rise in HF response.

I think I owned the same cartridge -- at least, one of the Japanese
cartridges Monster imported. My experience was identical to Mr.
Sommerwerck's; the sound was dull, but the measurements showed
a large peak in the high frequencies. I could never figure it out either.

Corroborative testimony. Thank you.