Posted to rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tubes
Ian Bell[_2_] Ian Bell[_2_] is offline

Default CBS Labs RIAA Test Record on eBay

John Byrns wrote:
In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

I can think of only two ways to cut a test disk -- either constant velocity,
or with a standard EQ.

A common way to cut a test disk is with constant amplitude below 500 Hz
and constant velocity above 500 Hz, hope I got that straight. Many
years ago when I worked at the phonograph factory, the CBS test record
we used with the chart recorder was equalized that way.

The RIAA standard is close to constant amplitude with a small boost in
the mid frequencies.

Cheers

Ian