Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default headphones

Nate Najar writes:

snips

hmmm... maybe my headphones are problematic then. The trashiest mic i
own is a 414. Most stuff gets the schoeps and dpa.....

Nate, I still wonder about how well your Sonys are seating on your head.

Is the gel material in the cups still pleasantly squishy, or has it gotten stiff?

If you apply varying amounts of pressure with your palms on the driver bodies to
more firmly seat the phones on your head, do find some amount of external push that
improves how they sound, particularly in flattening out the low and mid-bass
regions?

If it's improved with a moderate amount of push, perhaps all you need to do is get
those new seating rings (assuming they're replacable and available for a reasonable
price).

Hope it's something simple,

Frank
Mobile Audio