Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default headphones

"geoff" writes:

Frank Stearns wrote:

Between 2000 (I that's when I think Nate said he got his) and 2004
(when I got mine) they perhaps changed some things. My 7506s have a
reasonably smooth top end (perhaps tipped up slightly but not much),
mid bass seems about where it should be, and some exaggeration in the
40-80 hz range.

Maybe they are broken, or have zapped your ears' HF response ;-)

Eh? What? Speak into the ear-trumpet, sonny, I can't hear you otherwise. g

Seriously, could be that for phones, I don't expect all that much, given how much
I hate that plastic high-mid signature of so many phones. When I do need
them, I keep them pretty low in volume, though, maybe that helps.

If you want to talk ugly and shrill in the very top end, I do have some cheaper
Sennheisers of old and new vintage. You could play, oh, say, solo violin at 80 dB,
hold one of the cups near a wall, and use it in place of a painter's heat gun to
remove old wall paper. Just about. w

Frank
Mobile Audio