Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Default headphones

On Mon, 9 May 2011 19:53:28 -0400, Nate Najar wrote
(in article
):

On May 9, 5:50*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Ty Ford" wrote in message

al.NET

On Fri, 6 May 2011 11:59:54 -0400, Nate Najar wrote
(in article
):

I have a pair of sony mdr7506 and they
sound terrible.

Nate,

Please define terrible?

Rough high end, mid-bass accentuation, no real deep bass. Poor isolation.

bingo.....

they're very thin, harsh and distorted. not fuzzy distorted, just
nasty sounding. I want something full, clear and clean. and good
isolation would be very useful so what's in the headphones doesn't
bleed into tracking microphones. and preferably I could use the same
headphone for setting up stereo location recording. but if there's no
one size fits all, I'll get two different ones.

but that's what I'm looking for.

That's majorly inconsistant with my experience. The MDR7506 are smiley faced
EQed, but they are clean. If you're hearing distortion, it's probably what's
in the system. A lot of Chinese LD and SD mics have a lot of trash.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA