Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default AM detector, part 2

Alex, there's quite a lot in the Internet about "Hi-Fi AM detectors" -
I started to keep these but need to take another look... *BTW, could
you please post a schematic somewhere (NOT in the binaries - many of
us can't get them) of a recommended and most easily implemented AM
detector improvement (even if not Hi-Fi!) for the common AA5/6 (and
other) radios?
Thanks and cheers,
Roger- Hide quoted text -

Ah, you would also like to see schematics, and tested schematics with
a fully written up appraisal, but here at r.a.t., most posters just
like talking about stuff and they are allergic to doing the WORK of
preparing schematics after testing them etc.

There is a lotta stuff on AM detectors and not much using tubes that
is any different to glorified 1950 techniques.

So the world which won't WORK can glide right past me and i think I'd
not really miss anything they have to offer.

Patrick Turner.