Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default The Vinylizer

On Jul 29, 7:45=A0am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Jul 27, 4:48=3DA0am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:49=3D3DA0pm, bob wrote:
Occasionally, during one of our long threads about
vinyl vs. digital,someone suggests the invention of a
"vinylizer," a knob that can dial in any amount of the
various distortions characteristic of vinyl playback.
Well, it isn't that simple yet, but technology finds a
way:
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/vinyl/
Too bad this one completely missed the mark. It would be
a good idea if it were done right without the cyncism.
Maybe somebody who gets vinyl will make something that
will actually do the job.

What is "getting vinyl"?

Understanding the sonic aesthetic virtues that can be
found with vinyl.
The facts about vinyl in approximate order of importance
to most people:

Sorry you don't get to speak for most people.

Not only most but the vast majority of =A0people have ...

Nope. You still don't get to speak for them. Sorry. :-)

Especially given your well documented prejudices on vinyl.

What prejudice of mine is that? Is it not true that my comments about vin=

yl
have been 100% factual, and backed by published, peer-reviewed technical
papers, statistical evidence from reliable industry sources and decades o=

personal experience?

I think it is fair to say that we disagree on many alleged actual
facts about vinyl. But I am talking about your personal opinions that
you have expressed about the quality of vinyl playback. Clearly those
aesthetic opinions are not objective facts supported by published peer
reviewed technical papers. As for your personal experience....IMO,
based on what you have told us, it is lacking when it comes to world
class vinyl playback and therefore not relevant. Also experience tends
to be affected by prejudice to some degree so it's kinda hard to point
to experience as proof of a lack of prejudice.

This product misses the mark IMO.

But you don't say why in a detailed, convincing way.

What details do you need Arny? How about this? Everything it says it
does....I don't want doen to the sound of my CDs. Everything. So if
you need details review the descriptions of what it does. As for
"convincing?" who do I need to convince? I am quite convinced by the
description of what it does that the product misses the mark for me.

In fact, you've
presented no evidence that you've ever actually listened to it.

That is true. I put some faith in the manufacturer's description of
what the product does.

Could it be
that your opinions of it are based only on prejudice?

No it is based on experience with the distortions detailed in the
manufacturer's desciption and an assumption that the manufacturer is
actually making good on the claims about what the product does.

I am speaking as an
audiophile who is interested in the aesthetic value of
sound

Given that you have presented no first hand information about the sound o=

this product...

Excuse me for assuming the product delivers as advertised. Heck maybe
it doesn't....