Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default The Linkwitz Lab Orion

On May 13, 11:18*am, John Stone wrote:
On 5/13/10 5:12 AM, in article
, "Bret L"

wrote:

*I think Nelson Pass is a decent guy (and yes, I know...again
irrelevant) but I am not a huge fan of these minimal designs. I think
his work with Threshold was a lot better.

Based on what? The power amps he makes today actually measure much lower
distortion and noise, and can put way more power into low impedance loads
than the older Threshold products. I'm talking about the X series products
in the Pass Labs line, not the First Watt products which are more DIY
oriented. I doubt you have any firsthand experience at all with any current
Pass Labs products. If you actually measured one thoroughly, you would have
to admit they're the real deal in every respect.

You are right i am talking about the First Watt and before as the
this discussion and no I do not have access to one for test. I do have
the bench to test it, an AP ATS-1 however. I'm also working a deal for
a SRS narrowband spectrum analyzer which should be a lot of fun as
well.