Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Sander deWaal Sander deWaal is offline

Default You tubeheads are a bunch of assholes

"Peter Wieck" said:

My brother has a pair of vintage Maggies that I bird-dogged for him
nearly 25 years ago. They are in remarkably good condition and sound
remarkable as well. But they visually dominate any setting they are
in... so it goes. He likes them which is all-important.

Vintage Maggies are fine.

My Maggies MG1 Improved can still compete with the later models,
especially when driven from a good tube amp.
I have had OPTs made, with a 2 ohms tap, to drive 2 of them *in
parallel* for each channel.

With 20 watts of KT88 PP in triode, this system sings really
beautifully, be it not extremely loud (surprise!!) ;-)

Piano is its forte, just as I intended.

--

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -