Posted to rec.audio.tubes
west west is offline

Default You tubeheads are a bunch of assholes Sander

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message
"west" said:

I am fond of the "Maggie" sound. Which model do you have and what do you

use
to drive them, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 4 (modified) MG1 Improved speakers, currently driven by a tube
amp of my own design with KT88s in PP triode AB with a 2 ohms tap on
the OPTs.
There are 2 speakers in parallel for each channel.
The sources are a Pioneer PDS used as transport with a homebrew DAC
(CS4329) and a homebrew turntable with DIY tube phono preamp.

In the bedroom are 2 SMGAs driven by an old Yamaha receiver and a TEAC
P700 CD combination, in my hobby attic there's another pair of SMGAs
driven by whatever is floating around.
I have a huge pile of vintage audio gear and DIY amps to choose from.

Gear to be repaired, or new designs, always gets an initial listening
test on the SMGAs upstairs, then they're moved downstairs to play on
the big Maggies.

Sander ... Do you think that the 3.6 is worth double the cost of a 1.6?
Thanks.

west

- Maggies are an addiction for life. -