Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default Are any Repub Candid Ates into tubes?

And it can be specifically be used for a quad of mosfets in a
Circlotron schematic and for class A power where each mosfet sees a 64
ohm load. It would be OK also for a circlotron with 12 x 6AS7G, so
each tube sees 192 ohms as its load in class A. For awhile I couldn't
think of how to make an auto tranny with good HF response because
taking a tap off 1/2 way down a simple winding means you get lots of
leakage L between shared and total portions of the winding. I've
worked out the bifilar and interleaving to give very low LL, no matter
which taps are used. *Shunt C does not matter because its a low
amount, and the circuit impedance is very low.

Suggestion: Obtain and dismantle a McIntosh autoformer, which can be
had reasonable sometimes.