Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
news:uVVci.31190$NV3.3557@pd7urf2no...
NOW it will - it'll rip nicely to an ATA-133 drive on a P3/1.2GHz.

When we built the first machine though, I couldn't get more than 4,
MAYBE 5, tracks to rip simultaneously without dropouts to the ATA-66
drive. SCSI drive took all 8 tracks without a hiccup.

Maybe you had a hard drive that did thermal calibration. That caused
problems for quite a few people at the time.
Or maybe your disk controller was crap, or your sound card buffer setting
was too small.
ATA-66 bus was more than adequate for that purpose though, SCSI being
unnecessary for most audio use since ATA-33 came along.

MrT.