Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,alt.comp.freeware
Colin B. Colin B. is offline

Default Dubbing Reel-to-Reel to CD

In rec.audio.tech Matt Ion wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Adrian" wrote in message
ups.com

So, when I have acquired a Behringer UCA202, I will
investigate some of the packages recomended in this
thread. Thus far the folks here have given me an
education. :-)

Go to google and find the web site for Audacity. It's freeware and really
pretty good.

I'll second the recommendation for Audacity. Dunno if it has
direct-CD-burning capability, but your laptop already has the burning
software, so all you need to do is capture to 44.1kHz/16-bit/stereo
WAVs, do whatever editing you desire, and burn the files via your
burning software.

I can't quite understand the hype around Audacity. I guess my computer is
just so slow that it reveals the bugs. On a 1GHz processor though, it cannot
actually record sound without dropouts and glitches. Once those glitches are
in the data stream, it cannot write out to a .wav file that will write to
a standard audio CD.

Nero is a great application made by Ahead Software, and relatively
inexpensive for everything it does. They have a downloadable demo
available - www.nero.com

No argument there. I used Roxio before, and kept looking for alternative
programs which worked around its quirks. Then I got Nero "lite" with my
new burner, and quit using all of the others.

Colin