Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Shhh! I'm Listening to Reason! Shhh! I'm Listening to Reason! is offline

Default The Case of Tunnel Rat

On Dec 30, 12:12*pm, Bret L wrote:
On Dec 30, 4:03*am, "Shhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Dec 29, 11:46*pm, Bret L wrote:

snip

My question: why we are allowing people into this country who are
antithetical to our value system and heritage?"

That's easy. Because they're better educated and more motivated than
most of the people here. We're importing those people for their
skills, not their political views.

*Most of them are not, although I concede that there are an inner core
which is.

snip

I have friends in a company (Pictos) which makes cellphone cameras.
They sell their wares to Motorola and the like. Nearly the entire
engineering/design staff are H1B. They are all Masters degrees or
higher. They've got a fetish for higher degrees there. I'm not sold on
the "degree" strategy, but it works for them.

I'm a fan of the H1B, even the lower level types. The immigrant
mindset is very ambitious. It takes an ambitious person to want to
travel halfway around the world to seek a better life. It leads to
more competition here, but in my opinion, competition is good. The
more competitive mindsets we have here, the better off our economy
will be for the coming challenges.

If you're scared of competition, this isn't the country for you. Move
to Europe - they're better at trying to protect the old guard. They're
also less innovative. The leader of the tech world is in Silicon
Valley for a reason and yes, there are a crapload of H1Bers there.

Competition. That's where it's at.