Posted to rec.audio.opinion
bassett bassett is offline

Default Tweeter replacement for Kef 107

"fid" wrote in message

I don't know much about speaker's subcomponents and replacements. I
spoke to a costumer service at Madisound about the possibility of
replacing the tweeters. When I asked him about scanspeak he wasn't
favorable about them. He said: "The D2905/9500 is a classic high end
tweeter. All 1" Scan-Speak tweeters have a metal face plate...so it
would be difficult to modify". Can anyone explain this? Don't all the
tweeters come with a removable faceplate (kef 107 uses square
faceplate)? Thanks

The Scan Speak D2905-950000 while a nice Tweeter, would not be considered
hi-end , [hundred and fifty bucks aust] Face plates are all in the 104
// 105 mm range, and are an integeral part of the tweeter and as such not
removable.

If your looking for replacements consider the new Scan Speak
D2905-990000 Revelator, this is particularly good as a replacement as it
has
a 130 mm faceplate, and will cover up most if not all old fitting holes
There priced at two fifty dollars

If you want Hi-end the Scan speak super tweeter [2k- 80khz] R2904-700000.
prices range between four and five hundred depending on where you get them.
Face plate size is again 104mm

Then we have the Twin Ribbon 100khz super tweeter from Jas Audio at $1500
each.
and very nice they are too.

bassett