Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Sony DMX R100

In article ,
Johnny Davies wrote:
Can someone tell me how to hook up sony dmx r100 to mac pro to use with pro tools? How can I control my DAW in the sony mixer? Any help will be useful.Thanks

I don't think you can use it that way.

I think the easy solution is to use DAW as a tape machine, pull tape sends
out of the DAW into the mixer and use the mixer for mixing.

I haven't used one of those in a while but I remember them as actually
sounding decent, and it was one of the first digital mixers that did. EQ was
usable.

So get a MADI card for your Protools machine and run MADI into the Sony.
Use the digital output on the Sony to your mixdown recorder; don't trust
the D/A in the Sony which sounds like it was an afterthought.