Mike Rivers

Default Help Upgrading PC Please!!!

In article writes:

Speaking of semi-modern operating systems, how do you make a bootable
floppy on Win2000?

http://www.computerhope.com/boot.htm#07

I know that. It answers the question "how do you make a bootable Win2K
disk?" and it actually makes 4 disks. I guess that's what you need to
boot a computer to Win2K, but I just wanted to book a computer to any
old DOS so I could see if it was possible to boot it. bootdisk.com
provides a utility to make a bootable floppy for just about any
version of DOS no matter what version of DOS you have.

Now the next question is how do you make a DOS bootable floppy if you
have a Mac?

This whole business came up when I was trying to help someone
troubleshoot his Mackie HDR24/96 that wouldn't boot from the hard
drive. He tried to reload the software (the procedure is that you boot
from a floppy) and that floppy wouldn't boot either. But the HDR24/96
has a history of not booting from a Mackie OS floppy that you create
by downloading a self-extracting file from their web site and
extracting it to a pair of floppys. I wanted to see if the problem was
with his download, with the floppy drive itself, or if there was a
motherboard problem that kept it from booting from anything.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )