Chris Coleman

Default BAE 312A preamps as ONLY preamps?

For those of you who have experience with Brent Averill's 312 preamps
(current Avedis version)... would you or would you not recommend them
as solo preamps - meaning that they'd be the main go-to preamps in a
given recording situation (primarily vocals, acoustic guitar, and other
overdubs - bass, percussion, some electric guitar)?

I'm currently using John Hardy M1's and while I like them, I'd like to
try another flavor. My M1's have the output transformers, is this "too
close" to the 312 to warrant switching? Thanks...

-Chris