Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

Default Sue you, sue me blues

On May 18, 5:35*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:

ll I know is what I need to know. They bought off our congressmen in the

past to make laws in restraint of trade, and my friends and I are suffering
for it. What else should I know besides that? But if you think that's OK,
(to give them money for playing music whose rightful owners are long dead
and gone) then please tell me why. You know, if we were printing and selling
their music, or reaping some profit on a large scale, perhaps I would see
your point. But these ass holes are going around to little one horse bars
and dance halls that are barely scraping by in this failing economy and
hasstling people over the few bucks they can squeek out by playing some
music to draw in a few more pitiful customers. And, if they were getting the
money to the composers and/or their wives.... But, in fact, they don't give
qa dime to any of those people. They are just padding their own pockets with
it. First, they bought off our government to make3 laws in restraing of
trade, and now they are going to hasstle the little people for the rest of
time. How the hell can you justify that?

BMI, ASCAP and SESAC are U.S. performing rights organizations. Their
sole job, and the reason people join them voluntarily, is to collect
royalties when a song owner's music is used in TV, radio, or any shape
or form of performance. They have zero to do with ownership,
copyrights or publishing of music, nor sales of music. There is no
law that says one must join them. You simply don't know what you're
talking about.