Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Sue you, sue me blues

Sean Conolly wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Peavy and Behringer are at it:

http://www.audioprointernational.com...rs-MUSIC-group

http://www.harmonycentral.com/blogs/...inst-behringer

Eh, just another day in the life of a large corporation. Thanks to
the way the way the US Patent office will allow patents on broad
technical concepts, it's pretty hard to develop anything without
infringing on someone's patents. As a result, patent suits are more
of a poker game with two sides presenting their vioalted patents on
the other guy, and the result is usually an award for the guy holding
the most patents and a cross licensing agreement.

Some years back I worked for a company that had purchased a patent
for (wait for it ) - selecting mutiple items on a website and paying
for them electronically (aka the ubiquitous 'shopping cart'). The
patent was granted to cover anything which allowed a terminal on the
customer end to purchase more multiple items through a terminal on
the vendor end, if it was completed with an electronic payment of any
kind.
When I left the company they were busily pursuing lawsuits against
pretty much every e-retail company on the planet.

Sean

That's like suing Safeway for providing their customers with a shopping cart
and suggesting to them that they browse the store and put whatever they want
into the cart for future checkout.... Ridiculous!