Iain M Churches

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:56:12 +0300, "Iain M Churches"
: wrote:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: .. .
:
: BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.
: I would say that was *serious* use of tubes for
: audio.
:
: You just don't get it, do you? This is all part of the *performance*,
: obtaining the best possible sound *on the master tape*. Once you have
: obtained that sound, you then want it to be *reproduced* in an
: absolutely neutral manner up to ~~ the loudspeaker terminals. For that,
: SS is more reliable.
: --
:
~~ only up to the loudspeaker terminals ? Why would you want that,
Stewart ??
Are you serious ???;-)
Rudy

I think the point is, Rudy, that some people do not have a high level of
aural
perception, so they use measured performance instead of what their ears and
their
heart tell them is good. Music is also about emotion.

This is something we have to accept. Such people are entitled to their
preferences.
I have been listening to a Carver Professional SS amp on and off for about a
month.
It has an even more impressive spec than the Krell, but it does not produce
music
well.

My cellist friend compares his SS amp to his McIntosh valve amp as
"the difference between looking at a sharp focus black and white photograph
and an oil on canvas painting of the same subject"

Cordially,

Iain