Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:56:12 +0300, "Iain M Churches"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .

BTW, no one uses tubes *seriously* for audio.

That's a pretty malevolent post on a tube audio
group:-(((

Malevolent? You have a weird notion of morality.......

I am just making up a customs carnet for a
concert recording project.

The equipment list includes:
16 pcs Studer D19 mic pre-amps (valve)
8 pcs Neumann type 49 microphones (valve)
4 pcs Neumann type 50 microphone (valve)
6 Altec compressors (valve)
1 Studer J37 1" analogue recorder (valve)
Radford STA100 monitor amp (valve)

I would say that was *serious* use of tubes for
audio.

You just don't get it, do you? This is all part of the *performance*,
obtaining the best possible sound *on the master tape*. Once you have
obtained that sound, you then want it to be *reproduced* in an
absolutely neutral manner up to the loudspeaker terminals. For that,
SS is more reliable.