Ron Charles

Default Advice wanted on 24tk HD recorder....

I recently have been assigned to record several concerts live and could use
some advice from those who one either a Mackie, Alesis, Tascam, or Fostex HD
multitrack recorder.

I will be feeding analog signal via a reasonable good English made 24 strip
analog mixer, and will be using an assortment of affordable outboard tube
preamps (dbx, focusrite, aphex, presonus) and compressors on the most
important channels.

I seem to find that for $1450 USD the Mackie MDR24/96 seems to be a good
value, and it seems I both sync to SMPTE and also can be used to send files
faily easily into our Digi002 for post and mixing.

The HDR24/96 is out of our budget, and so is the Tascam, but should I still
consider the Alesis or the Fostex in the same general price area???

Any opinions about the MDR24/96????

RON CHARLES