Posted to rec.audio.tech
Amanda Ripanykhazova Amanda Ripanykhazova is offline

Default Acoustic Research ARNC01 reviews???

Oh, and one other thing intrigued me, Audiovox's geographical
location which is suspiciously similar to the location of the original
company which introduced these things to the consumer market,
NoiseBuster. Their Extremes, which I also have, work OK, have no
real bass but noise cancellation is interesting in that it can BE
ADJUSTED!! They apparently stopped selling these consumer grade
products (and moved to Ct?) when Sony introduced their heavily
advertised NC headphones which didnt work as well. I also have some
Sony MDR-NC6 (Works OK, no real bass but no real noise cancellation),
some suspiciously similar looking Sharper Image NC ones (Works OK, no
real bass but no real noise cancellation) and of course the PXE250s.

I just wondered whether anyone at NoiseBuster in Hauppauge went to
work for AR/Audiovox in Hauppauge if it was the same NoiseBuster
company which now makes industrial headphones in Ct. I was intrigued
at the idea of anyone other than Sennheiser marrying HiFi with genuine
NC.