Posted to rec.audio.high-end
STC STC is offline

Default Ambiophonics

In two channel Ambiophonics, no reprocessing takes place when we use a physical barrier. RACE software has now replaced the barrier. Let's ignore RACE and confine to the physical barrier. It definitely brings out realistic or better ambience in stereo recordings. Drums sound natural with better transient something which I never managed to get with stereo.

May I know how you implemented Ambiophonics when you tried years ago? I too tried and failed for so many years because I did not bring the speakers close enough to be within the recommended 20 to 30 degrees. Now, after a better understanding with speakers within 21 degrees I can say it is an experience that stereo system cannot match.