Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Wire that sounds different, guaranteed

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 06:32:10 -0700, bob wrote
(in article ):

On Jul 19, 9:20=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:

Actually, I had so much trouble with molded RCAs from Radio Shack over th=

years (when I used record a major symphony using my "pro-sumer" 15ips, 1/=

2
track Sony 880P tape deck on Sony FeCr reel-to-reel tape. The Sony I/O wa=

RCA jacks) that I'm very quality conscious about interconnects. I don't c=

are
about the sound of cables because, if the cables are doing their jobs, -
there is none. But I look at strain relief and connector quality very
carefully.

Well, you're looking at this from the point of view of a professional
(or maybe semi-pro) recordist, who's going to be setting up and
breaking down systems pretty regularly. Yeah, strain relief is REALLY
important in that case. And spending a little money on a brand you can
rely is would definitely be worth it.

The home hifi hobbyist has different needs, and those needs can often
be met by the freebie I/Cs that come with gear--esp. since you get a
new one every time you buy a new component, so backups are always
available. Every freebie I've ever gotten has outlasted the component
it came with.

bob

I agree, Still, when really good cables are so inexpensive, why settle for
less when buying?