Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Wire that sounds different, guaranteed

"Audio Empire" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 03:55:56 -0700, Ed Seedhouse wrote
(in article ):

The radio shack speaker cable was standard copper AFAICS, Copper doesn't
rust, but it does corrode (the bare ends eventually get a blue-green
coating
of crud on them especially in very humid environments.) You can cut the
corroded ends off and re-strip enough to reconnect, but what you really
need
to do is to use a good terminations that form gas-tight connections, then
the
part of the cable that connects the signal won't corrode.

I've seen cables that have corroded far more quickly and severely than
others. A 250 roll of 12 gauge fine stranded low voltage wire I bought about
a decade ago was particularly bad. I attribute the difference to the
formulation of the plastic insulation.

The corrosion doesn't hurt performance, but it does make termination a lot
more work.