Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Searching for a Term

Audio_Empire wrote:
In article ,

Gid you ever get your Enoch Light Big Band disc from Amazon? I ordered
one (used, of coutrse) from Amazon and it came from GOODWILL
INDUSTRIES in Ohio. Imagine that! It's just like new - not a scratch
or a mark on it. It has a lot more cuts than my LP, but it doesn't
sound quite as good as the LP, but then CDs rarely do.

Huh? Wha? George is that you?

Yes, I got my first Enoch Light but haven't listened to it yet. Got to wait
until the family siuation is such that I won't blow them out of the house
with my big band stuff.

Will report later. Haven't got any of the Time-Life offerings yet, but have
to study those and see if they have what I am after. Did order some Beau
Hunks recreations of Little Rascals and other silent and early sound era
jazz movie music. That's close, but I really am after stuff like Fletcher
Henderson and other early jazz arrangements. They had a unique sound that
hasn't been duplicated since.

Gary Eickmeier