Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dick Pierce Dick Pierce is offline

Default CORRECT SOLDER FOR SOLDERING COPPER CONDUCTOR ONTO THE TERMINALSOF A SPEAKER CONE??

On Jul 15, 6:02*am, ChrisCoaster wrote:
On Jul 15, 2:15*am, "Peter Larsen" wrote:

ChrisCoaster wrote:
So basically, it's just an underpowered boombox?

Those things are loud as hell. It is idiotic to assume that it is a wire
gauge prohlem, which is what Dick tried to convey to you in a very
diplomatic manner and with good explanations.

An awesome piece, typical vintage JVC - good sound - just wish it
played a **little* louder.

You need to consider the possibility that it is actually somehow broken,
perhaps start with the proper question: my new old jvc boom box off of ebay
is not loud enough?

note: you have accepted it by starting to "do things" to fix it, imo you
should have tried to negotiate a refund. Last time I looked they still were
available over the counter. Is it something simple like an inch of dirt on
both sides of the speaker membranes or are the bass loudspeakers dead?

* Kind regards

* Peter Larsen

_______________________
I never disagreed with Dick's reasoning. *
The only thing I had to point out was that
on a boombox you're not going to have 10feet of
wire per speaker on a detachable model - as
I stated, maybe 2-3 feet maximum extension.

Which makes replacing the wires as a "cure"
even sillier.

Again, I have issue with these speaker wires
because to me they are no thicker than the
wires going to a Walkman headphone. *I
suspect they are "choking" the sound

And you are wrong, simple as that.

and am willing to undergo replacing them
with one gauge size up. *

And as little sense as your original proposal
made, this one makes even less sense.

Can't hurt, as long as I watch polarity as Dick
said and use a strong enough kit.

Perhaps you will discover that adding new wires
to a piece of sh*t will result in a piece of sh*t
with new wires.