Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default CORRECT SOLDER FOR SOLDERING COPPER CONDUCTOR ONTO THE TERMINALS OF A SPEAKER CONE??

ChrisCoaster wrote:

So basically, it's just an underpowered boombox?

Those things are loud as hell. It is idiotic to assume that it is a wire
gauge prohlem, which is what Dick tried to convey to you in a very
diplomatic manner and with good explanations.

An awesome piece, typical vintage JVC - good sound - just wish it
played a *little* louder.

You need to consider the possibility that it is actually somehow broken,
perhaps start with the proper question: my new old jvc boom box off of ebay
is not loud enough?

note: you have accepted it by starting to "do things" to fix it, imo you
should have tried to negotiate a refund. Last time I looked they still were
available over the counter. Is it something simple like an inch of dirt on
both sides of the speaker membranes or are the bass loudspeakers dead?

Kind regards

Peter Larsen