Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Solid State Integrated Amp w/o speaker load

"Fred" wrote in message

"Armybrat1776"
wrote in message

I intend on using a little integrated amplifier that has
a USB input in order to add an MP3 feature to an
existing receiver in a home system. It is PYLE PTAU23
MINI 2x40W STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER/USB, and I intend on
not connecting any speakers to the amp, using in
strictly as a way to play MP3 files, and connecting the
REC OUT jacks to the receiver. I'm wondering if I need
dummy 8ohm resistors on the speaker outputs, or is this
not necessary?

Not necessary. Solid state amps are fine with no load.

Agreed. In fact most tubed amps are OK with no load. It's mostly the ones
with zero or very low inverse feedback that can hurt themselves when run
unloaded.