Posted to rec.audio.tech
Fred[_12_] Fred[_12_] is offline

Default Solid State Integrated Amp w/o speaker load

"Armybrat1776" wrote in message ...

I intend on using a little integrated amplifier that has a USB input in
order to add an MP3 feature to an existing receiver in a home system. It
is PYLE PTAU23 MINI 2x40W STEREO POWER AMPLIFIER/USB, and I intend on
not connecting any speakers to the amp, using in strictly as a way to
play MP3 files, and connecting the REC OUT jacks to the receiver. I'm
wondering if I need dummy 8ohm resistors on the speaker outputs, or is
this not necessary?

Not necessary. Solid state amps are fine with no load.

Fred

--
Armybrat1776