Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alejandro Lieber Alejandro Lieber is offline

Default Checkin in. So how's my problem child doing these days?

On 09/22/2011 06:51 AM, Patrick Turner wrote:

Back in the days when I earned slightly more, I might go through a
tonne of wood a year. After about 15 years of blazing open fires, I
then I put a steel drop door in front of the fire to slow the flow of
hot air up the chimney. That made the open fire about 3 times more
efficient but it still wasn't much cheaper than electricity. But now
electricity has gone up and wood is marginally cheaper, and I should
demolish the front of the fire place and put in a decent cast iron
wood heater with turbo flow action, which would work better than my
home brew enclosed fire place. But the list of what I should do is a
long one, and very easily dismissed as expensive vanity, and of course
firewood ain't cheap, about $300 a tonne now, and when you buy a
tonne, the weight docket is false of course, a complete fiction, so
what ya pay is more like $600 a tonne. The extra two skivies and a
jumper are looking good.

--

Patric:

Next year, when I'll have to sell this 15 years old eucalyptus trees, I
will get, with luck, U$ 28 a metric tonne. How many tonnes do I keep for
you ?
But you have to come and get them here in Argentina.

http://lieber.com.ar/euca.jpg

Alejandro Lieber LU1FCR
Rosario Argentina

Real-Time F2-Layer Critical Frequency Map foF2:
http://1fcr.com.ar