Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Checkin in. So how's my problem child doing these days?

"Iain Churches" wrote in message

Many Usenet groups have declined both in
quality of content and in the number of
contributors due to the presence of hooligans
who, for reasons know best to themselves,
want to disrupt the discussion.

If that were the dominant factor, then moderated groups would be immune to
the decline. IME, they are not.

If that were the dominant factor, then groups are generally orderly would be
immune to the decline. IME, they are not.

The impact of social networking strikes me as being a stronger force.

Audio, in particular valve/tube audio is
prone to this - with valves and vinyl
being a target for much wrath.

In fact, the majority of the wrath in those areas is expressed by advocates
who can't agree about the best way to advocate, or are just wired to be
hostile and argumentative.

Not to mention SE valve/tube amps:-)

I continue to find it interesting that these are taken seriously today given
that mainstream audio abandoned SE amps for high performance audio as soon
as they could - in the late 1920s at the latest.

Those that are ignorant of history are forced to repeat it, I guess!