Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default Checkin in. So how's my problem child doing these days?

In article ,
Engineer wrote:

On Sep 13, 1:03*pm, John Byrns wrote:
In article
,

*Reid wrote:
Way back when, a bit over 16 years ago in fact, I wrote this:
http://groups.google.com/group/news....browse_thread/...
a934bbff7e1550#

I pop in occasionally to see how it's doing. *It seems that despite
some horrific flame wars and personality clashes (and the inevitable
influx of spam), this group is still useful. *I'm pleased.

What do you think? *Is this still a cool place?

Considering the general decline of the usenet, it is doing better than one
might
expect, it is definitely still a cool place. *Unfortunately the group is
currently suffering through one of its worst periods as a result of
constant OT
political posts by a craized Australian wing nut, one can only hope that he
will
eventually tire of his OT silliness.

--
Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, *http://fmamradios.com/

John, in defence (that's Canadian!) of Patrick, he may have a style
that some don't like but he has some of the best understanding of tube
audio you can find anywhere. So, let's discuss content... good, bad,
and indifferent, and avoid personal remarks!

Roger, that is the point, Patrick doesn't avoid personal remarks in his OT
rants. While I may not be a target of his personal remarks, others are,
including individuals, citizens of the USA, and humans in general.

Bottom line, it would be better if he confined his remarks here to tube lore, as
defined in this groups charter, and took his political and environmental
religious pronouncements to to other groups where they would be on topic.

--
Regards,

John Byrns