Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Default Got the mastered tracks back!!! Now I see what mastering does!!!

On 2011-05-15 (ScottDorsey) said:
It's possible that FLAC is better for classical music
or sophisticated jazz/fusion etc. Not sure if it makes
any difference for normal pop music though.

Sure it does. It's lossless, just like gzip and similar utilities.
What you get in what comes out.
If it didn't make any difference, it would be because you couldn't
hear any mp3 artifacts on pop music, which sadly I can. They're
different but they're there.

wHich is why I don't listen to mp3 stuff, I can hear the
artifacts, and I don't like the sound. My old cassettes
sounded better.

SAys the man who's never bought an mp3 from anywhere, I
don't pay for that stuff.
I didn't buy prerecorded cassettes back in the day either.
IF I wanted it on cassette I recorded it myself, with a
properly set up deck, for my own use. Often recorded from
my own vinyl, not somebody else's.
Chances were good if it was played on the radio I didn't
bother with it, I recorded the cuts from vinyl I liked that
didn't get the radio play. AFter all, if I liked it and it
was regularly heard on the radio I heard it enough. PUtting
down money to buy it meant I liked other cuts on the album
as well. AT least, this was my modus operandi with rock and
popular music. OTherwise my purchases were for stuff not in
the mainstream.

I don't think I've bought a piece of current pop music since
the '70's.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see
www.gatasound.com