Posted to rec.audio.pro
rakman rakman is offline

Default Got the mastered tracks back!!! Now I see what mastering does!!!

On May 15, 12:42*pm, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
rakman wrote:
It's possible that FLAC is better for classical music
or sophisticated jazz/fusion etc. Not sure if it makes
any difference for normal pop music though.

Sure it does. *It's lossless, just like gzip and similar utilities. *What
you get in what comes out.

If it didn't make any difference, it would be because you couldn't hear
any mp3 artifacts on pop music, which sadly I can. *They're different but
they're there.
--scott

16bit/44.1 files off a CD don't exactly sound great.
Far from pure, full and accurate.