Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Lostgallifreyan

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

Jasen Betts wrote in
:

On 2006-05-01, Lostgallifreyan wrote:
Tom MacIntyre wrote in
:

Probably. I wasn't thinking hard about that, I was just caught by
the claim that HF dominates white noise in the audio band, when white
noise is defined as being made up of all frequencies present with
equal energy in each.

white noise is evenly distributed by frequency. (per Hz)

But frequency perception is logarythmic,
each octave has twice as many Hz from end to end as the one below it
therefore, with white noise, twice as much energy as the one below it.

Bye.
Jasen

Don't tell me, tell those who disagreed with me.
You re-expressed exactly what I've been saying here.