Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
GregS

Default Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

In article , "Phil Allison" wrote:

"GregS"

Audio is true broadband, from DC to whatever the upper limit is set
at by the design and limitations of the components if it is DC coupled,
and from less than 100 Hz if its AC coupled.

Not only that, but at low to DC freqs., the noise increases dramatically
of most devices.

** All way outside the audio band and not even slightly relevant since noise
is proportional to the square root of the bandwidth.

The band from 0 to 20 Hz has a mere 20 Hz bandwidth !

The audio band is 20,000 Hz wide !!!!!!

So, some 31 times more noise energy audible as high frequency hiss.

When looking at op-amps I have to often look at DC drifts,
which is the largest noise.

** Drivel.

DC drift is due to temp variations.

It is separate from noise

NO No NO. Look at it on a scope. Look at the charts.

greg