Steve Eddy

Default Followers and feedback

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:23:49 GMT, Kevin McMurtrie
wrote:

There is negative feedback in an emitter follower but the open loop gain
is much too low for NFB to control the large amount of distortion.

The Art of Electronics has some equations related to this. Look up
"feedback" in the index and check the sections "with finite loop gain"
and "emitter resistor as."

Thanks. Yes, I realize that. By 100% feedback I mean that effectively
100% of the output is fed back to the input.

Ultimately what I'm trying to determine is whether or not the
following assertions are true:

a. There is no such thing (well, in any practical sense) as an "open
loop" follower. A follower follows because its output is fed back to
its input.

b. There is basically no more feedback between device pairs in a
Sziklai pair than a Darlington pair.

se