Posted to rec.audio.tubes
It's that Guy again... It's that Guy again... is offline

Default scans available of GEC application notes

Eike Lantzsch, ZP6CGE wrote:

Hi y'all:

I thought that some application GEC notes on KT77 and KT88 amplifiers
and on preamnlifiers were worth saving. So I did some scans and put them
into dropbox.

Great post. Made me dig out my old blue cover booklet:

The M-O Valve Co. Ltd. London, England.
Genealex 'Audio Amplifiers' March, 1979

(Dist in the USA by EEV, Inc 7 Westchester Plaza, Elmsford, NY 10523)

I got it when I scored a shineola load of tubes for almost - nothing..

Back then, 66/77/88's came with neat Lion screening
and if you were lucky, a chart of how THAT tube tested.

When it all ended, 88's could be bought at $8 USA ea
per 100. When I bought my lot, 66/77/88's were ALL
$5 ea per 100. People want to pay $20 now for the box.

Other sell offs:

When Celestion and Marshall designed the 'PowerCell' line
of cabs, they had no idea the public wouldn't buy 1-12"
cabs the size of 4-12" ones, esp with ugly future MoJo
horn type looks. FEW of the cabs were made, but a few
of the raw speakers were. I bought a pallet of them for
$30 ea (thanks Steve). Huge magnet, 3" VC, 200 watts
of GUITAR Celestion. WHY they don't make this today?

When Marshall designed those 400 watt bass amps with
8 6550's, no one wanted them. I found a few, bought
them for less then the power tubes costs. What is there
behind the boxes, but about 15 sets of PT/OTs, unused.

Cost...$10 per transformer.. (again, thanks Steve)

Today, you can't SHIP them for that..

Alas, today..such deals are far gone...

JJTj

Can you show me a dream..?
Can you show me one that's better then mine...
Can you stand it in the cold light of day..?
...neither can I...