Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Earplugs

On 31 Mar 2017 09:07:08 -0400, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Don Pearce wrote:

So no, maybe not audiology-accurate, but I totally believe the loss
above 5kHz.

It's believable, but is it quantified accurately?
Get tested! Go to the AES show in the fall and get a free test if nothing else.
--scott

Too far for me. It may not be absolutely accurate, but I think it is
telling me what I need to know. I've since overlaid Fletcher-Munson
0db curve on it (no, I won't bore you with more plots) and my 2001
curve is within a half dozen dB from 100 to 10k.

---