Gary A. Edelstein

Default Questions on basic wirjing setup

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 00:38:35 GMT, Spirit
wrote:

Thank you for the responses.

I believe I have the setup Gary describes but just to be safe, let me
explain what I have.

Cable - RF out to VCR RF in
VCR - RF Out to TV Antenna
DVD/Console/ analog audio and video out to switch box analog audio and
video in
Switch Box - Analog Audio and Video out to TV analog audio and video in
TV - Analog audio out to Aux in on Stereo

With this setup I get TV output through the stereo. When I switch to
another device I get TV audio through the stereo but the selected device
output will come through the TV.

I thought the setup to explained would do the job but it isn't.

Any other thoughts?

Check your TV manual and setup menu. It could be the TV audio outs
are only passing audio from the TV tuner and won't pass the audio from
the aux in. Perhaps the TV is only capable of doing that or needs to
be modified in the menu to pass audio from the aux in.

If the TV will only pass the TV tuner audio, then set up as I
recommended with the switch box audio out going directly to the
stereo/receiver.

Gary E
--
|Gary A. Edelstein
(remove NO SPAM and .invalid to reply)
|"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly's Pogo