Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default What Does Scott Mean?

On Mar 14, 3:09*pm, Glanbrok wrote:
On Mar 14, 3:44*pm, Boon wrote:

Some might say Newman is a wry and insightful observer of hypocrisy
and double standards. I can see where that description could overload
duh-Scottie's meager brain power and instigate yet another repetition
of the "bubblegum" slur.

Well, he thought The Shins were bubblegum pop, which shows how little
he knows about music. Compared to the funeral dirges he calls
"progressive rock," I suppose they are. His idea of rock and roll is
rich British men glancing outside the windows of their mansions,
noticing it's raining and then reminiscing about the last book they
read.

I like the Shins. Aren't they from Oz? That alone might set off
Witless's bark reflex.

Nope, they're from Albuquerque.

I've never heard anyone say they didn't like them...until The Dip****
came along.