Posted to rec.audio.high-end
glenbadd glenbadd is offline

Default Compression vs High-Res Audio

On Oct 19, 1:11=A0am, Sebastian Kaliszewski
wrote:

Well, the software to perform such test is AFAIR available for free. One
needs 24/192 recording, reduce it down to 16/44.1, upsample back to
24/192[*] (the information lost will to be restored) and comprare
original with processed audio using some ABX software.

OK, I'm able to try that. Should I expect all the content above
22050Hz
to be missing from the upsampled 24/192? And below 22050 Hz the
waveforms and spectrums should appear exactly the same ?
(compared to the 24/192 original)
What happens to the original 24 bit information that is below the
16 bit dynamic range of 16/44.1 ?

G.